Monday, October 27, 2008

Just Stand Up

As I get older, I'm more aware and conscious of my health. There are many things that I want to practise in my everyday life to live the healthy life. I have still not managed to get my lazy ass to go to the gym more often than I would like to. But I've managed to drop a very bad habit. Probably one of the worst habits someone could pick up. And I did it cold turkey. Eventhough there are not many things that I know of cancer, I would like to learn more about it.

Here's a list taken from the SU2C website on what you can do to support this campaign on cancer awareness.
  • stop smoking
  • never start smoking
  • manage your stress
  • get a mammogram
  • get your colonoscopy
  • get a prostate exam
  • get your skin examined
  • join an advocacy group
  • cut back on red meat
  • EXERCISE
  • avoid highly refined sugar
  • avoid transfat
  • write to congress
  • add anti cancer food to diet
  • take a friend to treatment

0 comments:

Post a Comment